Books recommended by Shabhavi Sarasvati ji of http://www.livingtantra.net/, the only genuine website on Tantra I found on Internet till now -
- Diana J. Mukpo: Dragon Thunder: My Life with Chögyam Trungpa
An inspiring and profound portrait of life with a Tantrik Mahasiddha.
- Swami Lakshmanjoo: Self Realization in Kashmir Shaivism
Teachings given by an erudite and accomplished Master.
- Swami Satyananda Saraswati: Sannyasa Tantra A very early book by the head of our lineage that lays out the unique path of the Tantrik Sannyasin householder.
- Ram Alexander: Death Must Die A riveting, blow-by-blow diary of a Western woman disciple's life with Anandamayi Ma. Very expensive new. Buy it used! Note: You can download a shorter, .pdf version of this diary published under the title As The Flower Sheds its Fragrance
- Swami Janakananda Saraswati: Yoga, Tantra and Meditation in Daily Life
A practical introduction by one of the more experienced teachers in the Satyananda lineage.
- Madhu Khanna: Yantra: The Tantric Symbol of Cosmic Unity
Tantrik cosmology explained.
- Ajit Mookerjee: The Tantric Way: Art, Science, Ritual
The introduction to this book is probably the best general intro to the history, View, and basic approaches of Tantra.
- Daniel Odier: Tantric Quest
A good book to start with if you don't want to read an academic tome.
- Chogyam Trungpa: Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism
If you want to have an authentic spiritual life, you have to read this book ( or channel it).
- Swami Radha: Radha: Diary of a Woman's Search
Beautiful story of a close disciple of Swami Sivananda of Rishikesh.
- Swami Satyananda Saraswati: Kundalini Tantra
A classic practice text by the head of my lineage.
- Pandit Rajmani Tigunait: Tantra Unveiled
Excellent intro to Tantra from the Himalayan lineage of Swami Rama.
- Robert Svoboda: Aghora: At the Left-Hand of God
Casteneda-ish tale of an American disciple and his crazy wisdom guru.